Ingredients (serves 4 people)
- 4 tortillas (10-12 in.), heated according to package instructions
- 4 tsp coarse-grain mustard
- 8 romaine lettuce leaves
- 12 ounces rare roast beef, thinly sliced
- 4 teaspoons Italian dressing
- 1 cup prepared potato salad
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- On a clean working surface, lay out the four tortillas and spread each with 1 teaspoon of the coarse-grained mustard. Place two romaine lettuce leaves on one side of each tortilla.
- In a small mixing bowl, lightly toss the roast beef strips in the Italian dressing, then evenly distribute the meat onto the four tortillas, spooning it over the lettuce leaves.
- Divide the prepared potato salad into four equal servings and spoon onto the roast beef. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Once dressed, fold in the sides of each tortilla, then lift the end closest to you and tightly roll up the tortilla in a forward motion. Rest the wrap on its seam and slice in half on an angle. Heat up a jar of beef gravy and serve alongside your wrap as a savory dipping sauce.
- Tip: Your local deli offers several varieties of roast beef. Typically, they’ll be happy to let you sample them so you can find your family’s favorite.
- Tip: Keep changing up the flavor by considering these tasty ingredient substitutions: try replacing your potato salad with mashed potatoes, veggie salad or coleslaw. In lieu of Italian dressing, try smothering the roast beef in tangy steak sauce. When you’re wrapping up the ingredients, let your imagination run wild.
- Next time you’re browsing your cupboards for lunch or dinnertime fixings, consider rolling simple ingredient combinations into one-of-a-kind wraps. With so many options and easy instructions, you’ll spend mere moments prepping your meal before you declare, that’s a wrap!