Ingredients (serves 6 people)
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce (soy sauce can be substituted)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 stalks lemongrass, outer leaves and tops removed, root ends trimmed and stalks finely minced
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, thinly sliced
- Bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 20 minutes and drained
- Fresh mint and cilantro, for garnish
- Chopped peanuts, for garnish (optional)
- In a large bowl, stir together fish sauce, soy sauce, lime juice, sugar and oils until sugar has dissolved. Add lemongrass, shallot, garlic and pork. Mix to coat meat well. Marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Thread pork loin onto skewers and wrap ends of skewers with tin foil to prevent scorching.
- Heat a large, well-oiled non-stick skillet or grill pan to medium-high heat. Working in batches, cook skewers until lightly browned and cooked all the way through. Remove skewers to a serving platter and garnish with fresh cilantro, mint and chopped peanuts.