Ingredients (serves 4 people)
- 2 cups leftover cooked chicken breast, cut into 3/4” pieces
- 2 tablespoons peanut or canola oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons chili sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 bunch scallions, trimmed and sliced
- 1 can (8 oz.) water chestnuts, drained and sliced
- 1/4 cup unsalted cashews, chopped
- Cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce, leaves separated into individual cups
- Combine soy sauce, honey and chili sauce in a small dish and set aside.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Add chicken and season with pepper as desired, cook for approximately 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Lower to medium heat and add garlic, ginger and scallions, cooking and stirring for about 1 minute.
- Stir in water chestnuts and half of your sauce mixture. Continue to cook until chicken is heated through.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with chopped cashews. Spoon desired amount of the stir-fry mixture into the center of individual lettuce cups and drizzle with extra sauce. Simply hold filled lettuce cups like a taco to eat.
- Tip: If packing your Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps for lunch, transport the stir-fry mix in a sealed container and lettuce cups in a medium-sized plastic zip-top bag.