Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Ingredients (serves 4 people)
- 2 cups leftover cooked chicken breast, cut into 3/4” pieces
- 2 tablespoons peanut or canola oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons chili sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 bunch scallions, trimmed and sliced
- 1 can (8 oz.) water chestnuts, drained and sliced
- 1/4 cup unsalted cashews, chopped
- Cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce, leaves separated into individual cups
- Combine soy sauce, honey and chili sauce in a small dish and set aside.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Add chicken and season with pepper as desired, cook for approximately 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Lower to medium heat and add garlic, ginger and scallions, cooking and stirring for about 1 minute.
- Stir in water chestnuts and half of your sauce mixture. Continue to cook until chicken is heated through.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with chopped cashews. Spoon desired amount of the stir-fry mixture into the center of individual lettuce cups and drizzle with extra sauce. Simply hold filled lettuce cups like a taco to eat.
- Tip: If packing your Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps for lunch, transport the stir-fry mix in a sealed container and lettuce cups in a medium-sized plastic zip-top bag.
Strawberry Preserve Cupcakes
Ingredients (serves 12 people)
- 1 package of moist strawberry cake mix
- 2 cups sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup strawberry preserves
- 2 muffin pans
- 24 paper baking cups
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line two muffin pans with paper baking cups.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, sour cream, eggs and water.
- Stir with a spoon and/or whisk until well blended.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups with batter until 1/2 full.
- Using a spoon, make a slight indentation in the center of each cup
- fill with a heaping 1/2 teaspoonful of strawberry preserves.
- Spoon remaining batter evenly over each filled cup, covering preserves. (Muffin cups should be about 3/4 full.)
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. If toothpick goes through preserves, it will not come out clean.
- Cool for 1 minute and remove from pan. Cool completely before adding icing and toppings as desired. Store in refrigerator.
One Bowl Quick Quiche
Ingredients (serves 6 people)
- 1 1/2 cups fat free half and half
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup biscuit mix
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 teaspoons onion, finely minced
- 1 package (10-12 ounces) frozen spinach, cooked and drained
- 2 cups Italian cheese blend, shredded
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 3-4 strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF. Lightly grease a 9” deep-dish pie pan or 10” quiche dish.
- Beat eggs and whisk in the half and half in a large bowl. Add butter, cheese, herbs and spices and fold together.
- Fold in the spinach and then the biscuit mix to incorporate.
- Pour the mixture into your greased pie or quiche dish carefully, just to the top of the dish. Place the dish onto a cookie sheet inside the oven in case of spill over.
- Bake in the oven for about 50 minutes, until the top is golden brown and a knife can be inserted in the center and come out clean. Cut into slices and serve.
- Tip: Always preheat your oven 25º lower if you’re using a non-stick pan. This may require a slightly longer cook time.
- Tip: If thawing spinach in your refrigerator, be sure to place it in a small bowl to capture draining liquids. For straining, place two thick paper towels in your colander or strainer. Empty the thawed spinach into the center of towels. Gather towels around spinach and squeeze to remove excess liquids.